Holy Innocents Preschool is a traditional preschool with a long-held reputation for quality early childhood education, located in downtown Lahainatown next door to King Kamehameha III School.
Daily classes are held year-round behind Holy Innocents Episcopal Church in its spacious air-conditioned Parish Hall and courtyard, complete with treehouse.
Location: 561 Front Street (map) Mailing Address: P.O. Box 606 Lahaina, Hawaii 96767
Phone: 808-667-9058 Fax: 808-667-9058 Email:
We're proud of our Preschool
Holy Innocents Episcopal Church sponsors and oversees us, we are directed by our volunteer Board of Directors, and managed by our Preschool Staff. We are fully licensed, and state and federally registered.
Class of 2007
We are officially accredited
by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
We are committed
to an admissions policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, sexual orientation, marital status, physical handicap, or age.
We focus care and attention on each student
since we limit our total enrollment to 34. We have a student-to-teacher ratio of 1:7, and offer some of West Maui's most sought-after early childhood classes.
We have cared for generations
since opening in 1974. In 2004, we became fully air-conditioned. In 2005, we received our NAEYC accreditation.
Holy Innocents Preschool reaches out to parents and families in the greater Lahaina community
by providing affordable, state-of-the-art early childhood education for three- to five-year-olds.
The HIPS program aims at developing age-appropriate knowledge and skills
to prepare its students for kindergarten.
Left to right: Karyn Kanekoa, Teacher;
Esther Calapini, Director and Teacher;
Cynthia Shibao, Teacher; and
Sharon Heathcock, Teacher
Our full-time staff is both highly qualified and experienced.
Esther Calapini, our Director/Teacher, and our Teachers Sharon Serafica and Cynthia Shibao, have been with us for many years. Together they have over 30 years of experience teaching preschoolers.
Board of Directors
HIPS is governed by a nine-member volunteer Board of Directors which meets monthly to oversee the Preschool's management, policies and planning.  Our Board includes parents, former parents, Lahaina public school teachers, and members of the Vestry of Holy Innocents Church.
We have two attendance plans available
Holy Innocents Preschool is pleased to offer two attendance plans for the convenience of your family:
School schedule: 5 days a week: Monday thru Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm
The early pickup time of 2:30pm is available at a lower cost. See the tuition schedule below.
Our tuition rates are very competitive
$250 Registration Fee, nonrefundable.
($175 Registration Fee for midyear enrollments after January 1.)
Monthly Tuition Fees
2:30 pickup $425
4:30 pickup $520
We have admission requirements
To be admitted, your child must:
- Be toilet-trained prior to entrance.
- Be at least three (3) years of age by December 31 for Fall enrollment.
- Be at least three (3) years of age if entering on or after January 1 of the school year currently in progress.
To have your child admitted, you must:
- Complete and have on file with us our Pre-Enrollment Agreement.
- No later than two weeks prior to first day of school, submit the following payments:
- Registration fee of $250 ($175 for midyear enrollment after January 1)
- Tuition for first month enrolled (see tuition schedule)
- No later than one week prior to the first day of school, complete and have on file with us the following forms:
- Negative TB test result (no older than 1 year prior)
- Student Health Record Form 14. Waivers may be obtained for religious reasons.
- All required forms for enrollment.